Lost in Sahara ? (Tunisia)


Last picture until next week, coz' I'm on vacation tonight, I go hiking in the French Alps.

This picture was taken during my Tunisian trek. It was about 6.30 am, it was still night, and suddenly I awoke, and saw our guides preparing the bread.
Actually, it was firstly to remain along the fire and get warmer.
The bread can be prepared as many ways. This one is the common one when you're in the desert. It's called "mella", you add water, flour and salt. When the pastry is ferm and ready, you bury it into the sand, recover it with embers from the fire, and after a while the bread is warm and ready to serve.
It's actually very good !

Camera: Canon EOS 500 N
Lens: EF 28-80 mm

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Olivier,

I'm french but i don't know if you speak french because your blog is in english !
I liked your blog, above all the fotos you made ! I hope you will give me some advice because i want to buy a digital camera. I've travelled a lot too and it will be interesting to compare our experiences...
If you want to write to me , my mail is : elbern77@yahoo.fr.
I hope having soon some news
Elise

Popular Posts