Have you ever seen these coins? (Part 2)

USA: other coins


The 1 Dollar coin...
Maybe most of you don't even know such a coin exists... Actually, when I was over there in 1997, we could only have 1 dollar coins at USPS stamps machines.
This coin, I think I have it somewhere by me, but I don't remember where, used to look very closely to the quarter coin, and as in France with the 10 Francs coin, ancients used to mishandle it and get confused, as it was about the same size as the quarter coin...

So, it appears that in 2000, they change their mind and change both the size and the color...
Though, I think I had this coin as well at a USPS stamp withdrawal machine...




And this mystery: the 50 cent coin !!

When I came back to the USA in 2000, I had in pocket this coin I never saw before. It's quite big, about double size as the quarter coin, with the JFK profile on it...

Needless to say, I've kept it very carefully and will never use it !! it's like the 2 dollar bill... next time guys, you'll see it !!!



Comments

Popular Posts