Peru: Altiplano (1)

I remember quite well this day we spent in Altiplano region. It's one of my favorite moment of this trip. I loved being there. We could feel we were higher than in Arequipa, but the land was showing us nothing comparable to mountains land like in the Alps.



Moreover, just after leaving Arequipa, we could distinguish magnificient summits with snow peaks.


We can breathe a healthy air over there. Pollution seems to be so far away from this place.
Except some indian trying their best to survive, and lots of tourists cars stopping by there on few times, this is the land of lamas, alpagas and vicunas.

On the photo below, a vicuna appears on the left in the first plan. It's quite uneasy to approach them. As vicunas are few compared to other lamas and alpagas, they enjoy a relative freedom: nothing to carry and none of them are killed for kitchen. Only once a year or every two years, they give some of their so expensive wool.



The road led us to an attraction for tourists: local people are awaiting for us for selling their stuff.
Products are good and prices cheaper than in town.




However, taking photos of people is not so easy, and cost me 2 soles each one.




The grand mother amazed me. She was clever enough to understand tourists like to bring back from their trip shots of local people.


While my father was negotiating, I was shooting as much as I could. On some parts, the rock was eroded by wind I presume.

Comments

Popular Posts