Fete de la musique 2008

Yesterday, it was the "Fete de la musique". I usually don't really care about this event. However, this year, I decided to go to Paris, because the weather would be sunny and nice. And, I really wanted to take photographies, as I don't have really enought time to do that during the week due to my work.

Unfortunately, I didn't the best lenses: EF 50mm F1.4 that doesn't work anymore since it fell down some 2 years ago. It did work abit just few months ago, but it stays blocked at a certain point, and the autofocus seems to unwork now.
I brought 2 other lenses I bought recently: EF 20mm F2.8 and EF 55-200mm F4.5. These ones are partly replacing the EFS I sold on Ebay lately.

The EF 55-200mm F4.5 is ok, but when light is lowering, it appears to be weak with fast speeds.

However, I arrived in Paris in the middle of the afternoon. We wanted to see the museum of the tea of Mariage Frères in the 4th district, rue du Bourg-Tibourg.
I enjoy so much teas from Mariage Freres I forgot to ask and read the whole article about this museum. We had a cup of tea, and obviously bought teas in the shop afterwards.

After that, we walked around the Seine and I started taking photographies until night.
There were a lot of people everywhere, more and more as the day was ending. Young people were specially excited. I saw a lot of tourists drinking beer or bottle of white wines. I guess theses 2 things are closely linked...

It was a nice and joyful "fete de la musique". If I took the right lenses, my photos would have been much more nicer, but I wanted to travel lightly...

Maybe next year, if the rain doesn't come back ?

Now, here are below some photos of Paris:

Notre Dame de Paris


Rue Poultier
Notre Dame de Paris


Ile St Louis


Jazz men

Here we listen & dance salsa music



NB: all these photos were treated with Adobe LightRoom 1.4 (update better than the version 1.2)

Comments

Popular Posts