Aix en Provence (France)

Not of my best pictures of this gorgeous city, but I hope I'll make you go over there...

Visiting one of the websites on this city (http://www.aixenprovencetourism.com/aix-en-provence.htm), we learn only 91 days are rainy... and the average temperature is 17°C

Aix en Provence is famed for several things, hotels of ancient times, gastronomy, wine, and home of paintor Cezanne, who painted so many times the Sainte Victoire mountain.

All pictures made with Pentax P30T.
This is the main door before entering to the city hall:



In the old Aix, a lot of streets are like this one below, tight, crowdy during market days, charming...
Every day, there is at least one market, flowers, antiquities, clothes, juicy fruits and veggies...
One of them is located at place des Prêcheurs. I don't like walking through alleys in markets in Paris outskirts. I find the fruits & vegetables ugly, almost ill... Markets in Aix offer to our eyes and nose colors, flavours I never saw & felt in Paris !
This street leads us to one of these markets ...

I will show you more photos next time, and keep on writing on this fabulous city.

Comments

Popular Posts